Wednesday, September 19, 2018

After a 4 and 1/2 month wait, it's my first day!


I'm in Illinois, which has a "shall issue within 90 days" rule. The way it works, is when you submit your application, there's a 30 day period for them to object, then after that they have 60 days to issue your permit. Well.... 6 weeks after submitting, I see a denied status. It's due to an illegible training certificate. I took a crystal clear picture with my phone (Note 8, great camera) and could zoom in to clarity at super close levels... but they can't read it. Ok, whatever. No problem. I scanned it in and made a pdf, and resubmitted. I called after no progress in 3 weeks, and was told when you resubmit anything, your 30 day window before they even look at it starts over. Ok, fine. I wait a few more weeks and see denied. Due to invalid ID. During this waiting period, my driver's license was up for renewal, so I renewed it. But the info I submitted in May had the expiration date from my previous license. (You'd think they could just look this up?) So I update the date and resubmit. Another 30 days of them doing nothing, then a couple weeks, then I finally saw the glorious update of "active!" So, thank you Chicago for a painful lengthy process, but I finally received it in the mail yesterday! Wearing my VP9 now, feels good man. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NnW2mz

No comments:

Post a Comment