Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Driving to a destination in Maryland


Hello, I have a question regarding transporting a firearm by car to a destination in Maryland.I am aware that carrying in Maryland is out-of-the-question for an out-of-stater.Also, I have been able to find information regarding travelling through Maryland with a firearm that falls under FOPA (put it in a locked box, unloaded, out of your reach preferably in the trunk).However, I'm hoping someone can provide some definitive information about travelling with a firearm to a destination in Maryland as opposed to simply traveling through Maryland.My situation: I will be driving from a 2A-friendly state to a rural destination in Maryland and staying for approximately a week. I do have a secure lock box that I can travel with.Would I stay legal by disarming prior to entering Maryland, by placing my unloaded firearm into my lock box, and leaving it there for the duration of my stay?If not, is there any way for a visiting legal firearm owner to enter Maryland with a firearm without potential legal trouble?Thanks!Edit: Firearm in question is a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2R3pBIe

No comments:

Post a Comment