Friday, September 21, 2018

Firearm removed from my person by LEO during high stress traffic situation.


Let me set the premise for this post by stating that the encounter I had with this particular officer was a positive one.I was involved in a tractor trailer incident today. I’m not sure how many of you all have been on the scene of a tractor trailer accident, but, it’s a messy, hectic, and very tense situation to be in.I do not live in a state that requires permit holders to disclose whether or not they are carrying. Understandably, many officers will recommend that you chime in if you encounter an LEO while carrying. I chose to do so today.Despite everything going on around him(he was the only cop called out to handle the accident) the officer handled the matter quite professionally. He removed my weapon from my person unloaded it, and put it in the trunk of his cruiser. My pistol was returned to me at the end of everything and I went on my way, zero complication involved.I feel like people freak the hell out sometimes when it comes to encountering law enforcement while armed. My intent is to use this one anecdote to help people realize that 9.99 times out of 10, transparency is going to yield positive results. Just food for thought for you girls and guys out there.If someone has had a different experience than mine with the police I’d love to hear about it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2QNEwWF

No comments:

Post a Comment