Friday, September 28, 2018

Bersa Thunder 380 / Plus


Hey guys and girls, just discovered this Bersa Thunder 380 as I was looking for a DA/SA gun after hearing earnest Langdon speak on the subject on the concealed carry podcast.I currently own and carry a shield 9mm (MA compliant) and work as a welder fabricator so I’m moving around a lot on the job, making this size gun about the biggest I would want to carry comfort wise.I’ve since moved to NH and can now carry anything I want, and wanted to get rid of my shield and it’s 10.5lb trigger. It’s not the weight I dislike but the pull, it’s just a wall with hardly any movement and I can never tell when it’s going to break. I have an SP101 that’s DAO with the same trigger weight and I adore the trigger pull in DA because it’s so easy to feel the shot.I’ve heard great things about the bersa and it seems like a good alternative to the px4 storm carry model which is quite a bit larger and most importantly heavier, even unloaded.The bersa standard holds 8+1 and the plus 15+1, I’m honestly leaning toward the standard because of it being thinner and more proportional and also weighing less due to round count but it’s still a bit up in the air.As for caliber I’ve never owned a 380 and this gun is the main reason I’m looking that way, but I’m not someone overly concerned with that debate, you won’t see me wearing a “45 doesn’t shrink” t shirt.Not overly bothered by the safeties, I won’t be using the lock ever, nor would I use the manual safety as anything but a decock lever. Mag safety is easy to circumvent.Curious to hear from those of you that have tried this gun, and what your experience was. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xWIuUn

No comments:

Post a Comment