Saturday, September 29, 2018

A lesson on not drawing attention onto yourself


I was attending a defensive driving course (because I was a dumbass and had speeding tickets), and one of the students asked the instructor what she should do if she got pulled over and she has a firearm. The instructor said she would have to immediately declare it to the officer or it would be a felony.Normally I like to keep a low profile, especially in a class filled with teenagers. However, the instructor was blatantly incorrect as my state is a no duty to inform state. Even in duty to inform states the penalty is a misdemeanor. I spoke up and corrected the instructor. Another student spoke up and was "pretty certain" you would have to inform the officer. He looked it up on his phone and finally decided I was right. Then he asked "Do you carry? You seem to know a good bit." At that point I knew I was drawing too much attention to myself (I was indeed carrying at the time).I brushed it off and said, "Maybe." He saw I didn't elaborate and left me alone. What would you have done? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2OqismA

No comments:

Post a Comment