Sunday, September 30, 2018

My case against appendix carry. Am I wrong?


I really am not trying to start an argument or tick anyone off. I just am pointing out my observation. If I am seeing this wrong I would love for someone to help me out. It would be beneficial to me even to hear if I am wrong.My worry with appendix carry is nothing to do with muzzling yourself, ability to conceal, comfort, or anything like that. My worry is how do you draw on someone with a gun and conceal your draw. In all the videos I have watched it seems like every encounter where the victim won the fight they turned their body to conceal their draw and shot the attacker. If your firearm is in the front of your body how would you do that? Are you going to turn around and face the other direction?Unless I want to spend the rest of my life in jail, basically the only time I can reasonably draw a weapon on someone is when they are threatening me with deadly force(ie, has a gun drawn on me). It doesn't matter where you are holstered if you are drawing from a concealed position. For instance, someone walking up on my car to car-jack me. But, when you have no concealment the only way to conceal your draw is to use your body as concealment. It seems to me from what I have seen in a lot of videos is that you have an advantage when you can turn your body slightly to hide your draw. You can also use a free hand to distract the attacker. What I mean by that is you can put your hand up like you are complying. You also have the advantage of being able to watch the attacker while concealing your draw.I know people can make cases for appendix like printing, comfort, speed of draw(when using two hands). But what about when it really matters? What is the case for carrying that way when you are being attacked? It seems to me that if someone has a gun in your face and they see you draw on them you will lose that battle 99% of the time. If you wait to draw and shoot after they rob you and are running away you risk jail time for shooting them in the back.I do understand that appendix might be the easiest way to draw from a driving position. You don't have a seat between you and the gun. But, in a vehicle you have the advantage of concealment. I would argue that from a car you are probably better having an unholstered weapon if you can. Maybe something like those magnets. I don't know though and I don't want to get off topicAnyways, I appreciate the help. It just seems like appendix is a poor choice for if you get in a gun battle. It seems like a good choice for everything else...except for when you need to use it. I really would love some feedback.TL;DR: How do you conceal the draw from the appendix carry?​​ via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NbECEI

No comments:

Post a Comment