Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Jefferson County CO Application Process?


TL;DR- Applying to concealed carry in Jeffco. Woud love to hear from other people who have a CCW in this county and I’d like to know how to prove residency if my ID has an old address, what the wait time is usually like, and what the fees associated with the application process are going to be, as well as confirm that I understand the step by step processHello, long time lurker here. I’ve been looking to get my CCW for a while now, and since I’m graduating in May and I won’t have to worry about university policies anymore, it seems like now is finally the right time. My girlfriend and I are living in Jefferson County CO, but before coming to school I was a Cali native so I appreciate the fact that I now reside in a state that actually recognizes the 2nd Amendment.I’ve been shooting guns all my life because my dad took me to the range lots of times growing up but I had never owned my own handgun because I hadn’t turned 21 yet. Well in february I finally crossed that magic barrier. so I did some research and picked up a p320c for an all around good handgun that could work for both home defense and carry. I got myself a few holsters to try and I decided that my favorite so far is the stealth gear mini revolution, just in terms of comfort and concealability. It’s admittedly a little bulky, but even with snug shirts the SIG doesn’t really print at all when I’m using this holster. I tried the bravo concealment torsion DOS as well but I find that it actually prints more for my body style than the stealth gear and is less comfortable. I’ve also decided that while I like appendix for concealment, I would have to work hard to get an acceptable level of comfort, so I settled on IWB around 4 o’clock. At least until I get a P365 (don’t flame me! I rented one and loved it but I’m waiting till they are problem free first lol)Anyway, my question for you guys is how to go about the application process and how it has gone for other people living in Jeffco. I have taken my required class for CCW (I did the free Guns For Everyone class) and received a certificate, so my next step would be to go to the sheriffs office (records unit, I believe) and submit the application. I was wondering how long the average wait time was, how good of an experience you guys had, what the step by step process was, etcAs far as I can tell:1.Aquire certificate from approved class, signed by instructor 2. Fill out and application, but wait to sign in front of sheriff 3. Also fill out fingerprint paperwork and get fingerprinted at the sheriffs office 4. Get background checked 5.Wait for permit in the mailIs this everything? What are the total fees involved?I also wanted clarification on how to provide proof of address in the county. We switched apartments a couple months back and my old address was in Adams County, and this address is printed on my CO DL. I used the DMV website to change the address but they don’t send out a new card unless you renew, so I’m not sure how I am supposed to prove residency in Jeffco? The sheriffs office website said to provide another form of proof like a utility bill, but I think I remember my instructor mentioning that you have to have your current address on your ID match the County you are applying in to have your application accepted. I don’t have a lot of time between 6 classes and two jobs, so I want this to happen smoothly and quickly when I decide to submit the application, with no surprises. Should I just bring a couple utility bills and a print out of the confirmation page from updating my address on the DMV website?Sorry for the wall of text, and thank you for your time via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Q5NJsa

No comments:

Post a Comment