Tuesday, July 10, 2018

What is your definition of a reliable carry gun?


I dont mean what gun you think is most reliable, rather HOW you gauge the reliability of yours...For instance, my CPL instructor told us that he carried [insert gun model here] because it allegedly fired a few thousand rounds without a single malfunction, including a FTF.So I wonder, how often did he clean it? How often did he lubricate it, and with what? Did he baby it? Did he run it through a torture test?How many rounds do any of you put through your carry gun before you deem it "reliable enough to defend your life with"?These are the things in curious about.I have 3 handguns I carry, and out of the 1000(?) or so collective rounds shot through them, the only malfunctions I've witnessed were the two or three stovepipes in the .380 I taught my girlfriend to shoot with, from her limpwristing it a bit the first time she shot it.Let's try and maintain an objective perspective here.. don't just tell me THAT your Glock or 1911 is immensely reliable, tell me HOW you suppose it is. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KYNOPC

No comments:

Post a Comment