Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Thoughts on headlight vs wml vs no light for home defense?


After seeing the post with the robbers hiding in bushes near a house and then shooting at the family upon reality they had been seen, I got to thinking about lighting options for home defense. The comments on that post went back and forth about what is better: having a blinding light with which to illuminate/debilitate potential attackers, and not carrying a light and relying on the interior/exterior home lighting. I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both. I didn't however see any alternatives to those two options.My current home defense setup is a very bright headlight and an ar9 pistol. My reasoning behind the headlamp is: 1. Its what I currently have. I dont own an extremely bright flashlight or wml. 2. Ability to ID your target without flagging everything/innocents. 3. Less weight and stuff on the firearm.For those who say that a head mounted light is a good way to get shot in the head, I agree, but where do you think your head goes when using a wml? Its right behind the firearm with the light on it, so I dont really think that is a good argument against a headlight.Anyways, I'd like to know your thoughts on a headlight/wml/no light for home defense and what your HD setup is.TLDR: Is a headlight for HD a good/bad idea compared to a wml or relying on interior/exterior home lighting? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KYqjWV

No comments:

Post a Comment