Tuesday, July 10, 2018

CCW gear advice (Virginia)


So, I'm turning 21 in about a month and a half, and have a down payment on a Ruger Security-9 at a local gun shop (Blacksburg, of all places). I've been reading up on relevant laws for Virginia, and I am aware of the fact that Virginia Tech has an outlaw on firearms for non-LEO personnel.That being said, while I've looked into sidearms that would be ideal multi-purpose guns (EDC, home defense, range plinking), I've made what appears to be the crucial error of not having any idea what kind of gear - holsters, belt (didn't even cross my mind that would be an issue), cleaning and maintenance supplies, etc. - to look into for starting out.For the record, I'll be looking into qualifying for and acquiring my CC permit as soon as I can, since I don't really want to be open carrying in Blacksburg. So I'd be looking for an IWB holster, but if it works OWB as well that would still be useful for when I'm not on campus and don't have my permit yet. I'll also be working on getting rid of the love handles, since that's something that'll obviously help with carrying and life in general.But yeah, total newbie here looking for online help from the SMEs he can find. Thanks all! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2L37qCb

No comments:

Post a Comment