Monday, July 16, 2018

Off Body Carry Tips (now required by implementing regulations in my country)


So, let's get past the initial "never off body carry!" comments. Previously, we legal gun-owners in the Philippines were allowed to carry concealed IWB (after lengthy discussion and debates between gun owners and the police) through our firearms law. I have personally carried AIWB for the past year, and find that it's my favorite carry position.Just this week, the Philippine National Police released revised rules and regulations wherein they specifically stated that we (owners with a permit to carry firearms outside residence) could no longer carry IWB as the regulation states unequivocally "Display of firearms is prohibited. The firearms must always be concealed carry. For handgun, it must not be physically or bodily tucked or inserted in the waistband. lt must be encased on a hand luggage such as clutch bags, belt bags, gun case or the like." (https://ift.tt/2NnO7B3 again, while I think it's utterly idiotic to disallow IWB, rules are rules. With this premise being given, what gun would you carry, and how?I currently own a few handguns, but use only 3 for CCW: a Glock 19, a Taurus PT111 g2, and a RIA Baby Rock 380. All of them can work for off body carry, but I'm looking more towards maximizing bag carry. Also a few caveats: I'm looking at replacing both the Glock and Taurus for safety reasons, because my two kids (3 and 1 year old girls) like my bag and I wouldn't want a slight moment of distraction be my eternal regret. Was looking towards a DA/SA auto or a DA revolver (revolver sounds good for firing from within the bag too). A gun with a safety can work too, but I would trust that less. What would you guys recommend, with these things in mind? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NUCHWw

No comments:

Post a Comment