Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Angry Clown attack in Georgia could have been stopped


Everyone loves an angry clown! Well, one walked into a waffle house today and shot a patron. It looks like this could have been avoided with some situational awareness.So, what jumps out to you?Pacing outsideWas it before they opened? If not, then this should've set off some flairs. It doesn't have to be the precursor to violent intent, but it certainly should get you thinking about this person and you should be looking for more triggers that this person is up to no good.Immediately walks to the bathroomAgain, not a thing by itself, but if you saw pacing outside, and then you saw them walk briskly into the building and walk straight to the restroom, you should be out of yellow and into orange. I'm not saying I would've gotten my family up and out of the restaurant, but I'd hope I'd be staring at that door until I see him come out.These are documented pre-threat indicators.Then there's the final issue:“The one that got shot was arguing with the guy,”Why was he arguing? If you asked him, he probably couldn't tell you. But you can read about why he was arguing in the book in Rory Millers Facing Violence. This was ego. And he didn't even know it.I'm always on the lookout for more documented pre-threat indicators. The best training I've seen is in the course "Avoid-Deter-Defend". They give you a system to assess your surroundings.So, I know I missed something. What did you guys see? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2m9O00z

No comments:

Post a Comment