Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Let's talk about safeties.


I see a lot of CCers and youtubers talking about carrying and preferring carry guns without safeties. My understanding is1. one less part(s) to malfunction2. one less thing to do when drawing and presenting (one less step in the manual of arms3. accidental engagement (if you normally do not use the safety)4. never rely on a safetyThen I see these same youtubers shooting an AR/AK and working that safety after every series of shots.So why the difference? Do you no touch the safety on your AR/AK, other safety having firearm, leaving it disengaged always or do you use those safeties on those weapons but not on your carry piece?I personally prefer and carry my Shield w Thumb safety with the safety engaged. I've also recently thought about this fact, there's a lot of talk about carrying appendix style and the risk of blowing your junk off as you reholster because something engages your trigger as you do so, well if you have a safety and it's engaged that's one more step between you losing that particular limb.Genuinely curious about your thoughts on this disparity that I see or is this just youtube BS? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2sERG0n

No comments:

Post a Comment