Monday, February 26, 2018

Follow up question after CCW class (Missouri)


Hi!I've been carrying permitless in MO for a couple months, but I thought formally getting the permit would be a good thing, and more training is always good.The instructor said a lot of things I disagree with (leather holsters only, pocket carry without any holster, what he chose to emphasize in a basicl class, such as 2 hours on tactical reloads, etc.). But there's one thing he said that I want some follow up on if possible.He said that, while in MMO it is technically not criminal to carry onto prohibited areas by the state, there can often be overlap with federal law. Specifically with universities. But I remember that there's currently a bill moving forward in MO that eliminates campus carry restrictions. And I know that other states have it legalized as well. How do state laws mesh with the gun-free school zones act of 1990? I.e. If it's legalized at the state level, is it still a federal crime? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2CkUZ0L

No comments:

Post a Comment