Monday, February 26, 2018

LEO encounter, not ideal


I was pulled over a couple of days ago heading to my office from a client’s farm. Quite a peculiar situation. My Sig 229 was AIWB on my right side. This happened in Texas.Turned off a 40mph road on to a 30mph and but continued to go 40mph. Found myself staring down the radar gun of a motorcycle cop in someone’s driveway and he lights me up. No place to pull off because I was in a residential area with sidewalks so I threw on my hazards and stopped on the street. Got my DL, LTC, and my registration in my hands at the 10 and 2 with window rolled down.Officer comes up asks for the usual stuff. This is where it goes off course. I try handing him all three things but he carefully picks out only the DL and registration causing me to drop my LTC on the floorboard. I kind of look at him perplexed and ask “May I go ahead and get that off the floorboard?” He responds in the affirmative and I pick it up (These were my only words spoken to him throughout the entirety of the stop). I then extend my LTC to him and he says in a rude way “I don’t want to see that.” I was kind of unsure what to do next so I just decided to sit there and wait for him to finish up his business. I sign the ticket and wait for him to come back from his motorcycle. He comes up on my passenger side and taps on the window with the ticket in hand. I motion to him the international sign that my window is a manual roll down. He just looks at me dumbfounded so I unbuckle my seatbelt and crawl over the center console to unlock the door for him. He throws in the ticket on my seat and closes the door.By the time I left he was in the street on foot motioning another car to pull in behind me. Didn’t feel like I was being protected and served, felt more like a business transaction. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2CJ6F95

No comments:

Post a Comment