Thursday, February 22, 2018

Acquiring CCW Permit after Self-Admitting to Alcohol Detox and Rehab


I have been wanting to get my CCW for a few years now (turned 21 in Feb 2017) but back in November I decided to check myself into rehab for alcohol abuse. My girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me back in May, and my drinking escalated from there. I was also going to college full-time as well as working full-time, so the total accumulated stress was taking a toll on me. I basically was drinking every night before bed, and went on some binge drinking benders. Back in November, after another couple day bender, I decided enough was enough and decided to self-check myself into detox/ 30-day outpatient rehab because I saw myself going down a dark path and felt as though I needed some professional help.I am now past day 100 of sobriety and plan on applying for my CCW after I reach 1 year of continuous sobriety.I reside in Orange County, California and was wondering if anyone knew if this would cause a denial/problems from being permitted my CCW?I was never using any drugs/narcotics just drinking alcohol and never had any problems or run-ins with the law. If anyone has any tips, questions, comments or anything else I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2CDGqky

No comments:

Post a Comment