Thursday, February 22, 2018

Almost drew on a cop accidentally because he was being an idiot


Last night around 11pm I was walking back from the corner store after getting a soda and a candy bar, and I was armed with my Glock 19 gen 4 at 4 o'clock because if I'm wearing pants I'm wearing a gun. I'm on the sidewalk when a vehicle pulls over from behind me very quickly and aggressively, brakes squealing and everything. Before I can turn and identify the vehicle a man jumps out of the passenger door and shines an extremely bright flash light in my eyes, so now I can't see shit. My immediate reaction is "oh shit I'm getting jumped" and I start reaching for my pistol. The guy who got out of the vehicle shouts "SHOW ME YOUR ID!" and I realize that's probably not what a mugger would say, but I'm still suspicious because usually cops identify themselves, and of it is a mugger he might just be trying to get me to take my wallet out. By now I have my hand on my pistol, still in the holster, and my body is quartered away from him so he can't see my hand or gun, and I'm using my left arm to shield my eyes in an attempt to see anything. I reply back "Who the fuck are you?!?" and he finally identifies himself, saying "Town Name Police, show me your ID!". I'm still wary because I can't actually see him because his light is still in my face, but I remove my hand from my pistol, slowly. I reply that I want to see his badge for my safety, he grumbles but complies and lowers his light. Now I can see that he's in a police uniform, and had been in a police SUV, and by now the driver had gotten out and was standing at the front of the SUV with his hand on his pistol. I give them my ID, they explain that they thought I was underage and out past curfew (despite the fact that I'm 6'4" with a full beard). They give me back my ID and get back in their SUV without even apologizing for the hassle. I never showed them my CHL, and they never ran my ID in the computer so they didn't even know I could've been armed.Lessons learned:My local cops are dumb as fuck, at least those ones are.Confirm that a potential threat is a threat before you draw. If I had drawn on the first cop his buddy would probably have shot me.Police don't always say they are police.Anything anyone want to add?TL;DR: Almost died because of cops being overly aggressive via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2HG9XxM

No comments:

Post a Comment