Sunday, February 25, 2018

I have been converted to stealth gear holsters!


If anyone is on the fence of getting a stealth gear holster for any reason just pull the trigger and you wont regret it. I was on the fence for at least a year now and regret waiting this long. So I had started my carrying life with a white hat holsters IWB holster I don't dislike it but I have now spent as much on new shells for it as the holster cost which is my biggest gripe with it. later I learned of alien gear and now have 4 alien gear holsters which I don't and have never had a major problem with, they work well and are budget friendly. If you truly cannot afford to spend more I wouldn't think less of anyone for getting an alien gear, I think their spot for me going forward is guns I do not regularly carry but want to have a holster on hand for. in my experience so far alien gear works well and holds up, their shell swap is a nice option and customer service has been good.So recently I finally got my Stealth Gear IWB ventcore and lets start off with the only negative I have. When I first got the holster the kydex was pressed to far inward by the barrel and was damn near welded in from the slide being caught on the kydex, 30 seconds of light sanding and this was resolved (A hair dryer could have loosened it as well). After this was resolved I started wearing it and never looked back!What makes the stealth gear better then an alien gear? Well this of course is all my opinion but having worn the alien gear holsters for ~5 years now the biggest upgrade is comfort it distributes the weight better and has a nicer fit, finish and quality of materials which helps it not make a giant sweat patch under the holster. I feel like the holster also keeps the gun more inward making it more concealable (this is a minor improvement. the alien gear conceals well to). The retention is also nice it gives a nice click when holstered and now draws nicely. The kydex used looks and feels like a higher quality then the plastic used on the alien gears. Also looks the stealth gear looks nicer, only my wife and I will ever really see it but still an upside in my mind.All in all if you are even considering the stealth gear STOP and get it. For a year I debated it thinking it was mostly fan boys or people over exaggerating but now I have tried it and feel stupid for waiting this long and will be saving for an OWB from stealth gear.TL:DR - Have been using alien gear for years, Tried stealth gear and it is a big comfort and quality improvement. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2CIISpI

No comments:

Post a Comment