Friday, December 1, 2017

What would you do in a carjacking situation?


So I live in a city that is currently experiencing a surge of carjackings at gun point recently, regardless of neighborhood. It got me thinking as to how I would handle the situation given the way these carjackings have been happening. Here’s how it’s been happening:*generally, 2 or 3 males will ambush a driver at a stop sign or when entering/leaving their vehicle with guns drawn. They always approach from BOTH the passenger and driver side, demanding the driver get out or die. About 50% of the time, as the driver leaves the vehicle the carjackers will rob their personal effects I.e. purse, wallet, cell, phone before taking their vehicle. 25% of the time they will beat the driver as he leaves the vehicle, steal their personal effects, then take the vehicle. The other 25% of the time they just take the vehicle with no other actions. One victim so far sped away successfully, while the other 20 or so surrendered.My concerns are this: first and foremost, if they get the jump on me with guns drawn without question I will surrender my car as it’s the safest course of action. In fact, in most situation I will surrender my car. What I worry about is if they decide to beat me, there’s a good chance they will come across my concealed G19 when I’m on the ground and probably take it from me or worse feel threatened and shoot me. My other concern is when I drive, I normally holster my CCW between my seat and center dash as it provides the quickest draw action for me, but again that is a problem if I have to leave my car at gunpoint from 2 directions.I’ve been wondering what the best defense is in these situations, and what’s the best way to be prepared? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2Ay3Ivc

No comments:

Post a Comment