Monday, December 25, 2017

Situation to consider


I live in a suburb of Cincinnati but on the Kentucky side and was leaving my house today and heard a female voice screaming and went to start my car that's on a side street and just watched but there was a lady, a guy, and a baby in a car seat carrier that the lady was holding. They were all out of their car on a non-busy side street but car was running like they had pulled over and all got out. The lady was screaming things like "Get away from me!" and crying. I pulled up to the stop sign at the 3 way intersection about 3 car lengths from where my car was parked and just stopped to make sure everything was okay and that nothing escalated further. Without the girl seeing I locked eyes with the guy and made the okay symbol as if making sure everything was okay from his perspective. But in situations like these i feel that if i didn't have my firearm I could have actually gotten out of my car and asked if everything was okay but things were getting heated and i didn't want to risk him charging me if I did get out of the car in an attempt to try to de-escalate the situation. I was raised in a way that if a girl was in trouble aka damsel in distress type situation to fuck this guy up which with the way this guy looked was where it was looking like it was headed if i did leave my vehicle and try to say something. Anymore though you never know and i felt that it was best to not get involved but am having feelings of regret since I don't know what happened after. Racing through my head was, well this guy charges me and i have to draw who knows what the lady would say in court not knowing their relationship or history. I sat there to make sure they both knew someone was sitting there and called the police and left shortly after although if something did happen he now knows where my truck came from and the description of my vehicle. I know we're not superheroes just because we carry but i just think someone like my dad would have gotten out of the car and intervened, and if anything carrying every day almost makes me more apprehensive in everyday situations.Obviously this is a job for the police but I wonder what if i didn't have enough time to contact the cops and had to make a decision, would it have been best to just leave? i'm replaying the scenario in my mind and I know what i would do if i was defending my own life but for a random passer-by where do we draw the line? Sorry for the wall of text, it just happened this morning and this is the first time expressing what happened. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ztKp1j

No comments:

Post a Comment