Saturday, December 30, 2017

Need to find a carry gun for a tough situation


The "social situation" around the building I do maintenance for has deteriorated pretty severely, so its time I start thinking about carrying a gun. Being a maintenance worker, I'm going to need something that can get banged around plenty and won't catch on things because I move around and have to crawl through things and spaces plenty. Maybe it lives in a shoulder holster, maybe in a flapped OWB holster, maybe IWB. Haven't gotten that far.Now, the hitch is, I'm in an open-carry state, but I work in and around a very liberal set, so I need something that completely lacks the "black gun/gangster Glock" factor, because its certainly going to be seen because I work indoors and out year round with everything from a heavy coat down to a t-shirt. I've been looking at revolvers of all kinds, but over-penetration is also a concern being in a city, so I'm hesitant to get into the .357 magnum game. That, and I can't seem to find anything that doesn't have a rear target sight, and I'm worried that that just wouldn't hold up to the sort of knocking around the gun might see.So what are some options that I might have been missing? My budget is ~$1k, so I feel like in 2017/8 I should be able to find something that fits the bill, even used, but I just keep coming up empty handed.Thanks all. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zOiTMg

No comments:

Post a Comment