Friday, December 1, 2017

Natural Disaster & Social Unrest


I bought my first firearm a little over a year ago (M&P Shield 9mm). I was putting together a bugout bag. I [unfortunately] live in CA and a major earthquake can happen with little notice. The sky's the limit with prepping, but my thought is with a moderate 6.0 earthquake, I would most likely be camping in the parking lot if the house was unsafe to stay in.I don't lose sleep over a home invasion happening. The evidence from any major natural disaster is social etiquette breaks down very fast during any type of social unrest. Most people just try and make the best of the situation, but there are always bad apples that take advantage of the sparse law enforcement.My scenario: The pistol is in a locked pelican case with 2 magazines, 50 rounds, and a holster. This is to protect the firearm, but also if I end up in a shelter and need to secure it. My plan is to conceal it even though CA has made it impossible to get a CCW in my county. I feel when lawlessness happens it's a perfect situation to exercise your right to protect yourself & family. I know I would feel better if other neighbors took that responsibility too.Just wanted to get the community's thoughts. Thank You! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2An1pIM

No comments:

Post a Comment