Friday, December 29, 2017

Conflicting information on airline travel with a pistol. Help please?


I've seen it discussed here and elsewhere, the locked case for the pistol is supposed to have a key or combination lock that is only openable by the owner.But, then on United's Website, I see something about a TSA lock."Firearms must be packed in a hard-sided container with a lock. The container must be locked at the time of acceptance by United Airlines and the key or combination must remain in the customer's possession. The container must completely secure the firearm from being accessed. Locked cases that can easily be opened will not be accepted for travel. Using a TSA-approved lock can help speed up the security screening process for firearms."I guess I plan on taking both types of locks so I can change if needed. But, why should TSA be able to open my gun case? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2CalshU

No comments:

Post a Comment