Monday, December 4, 2017

Stealthgear


I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P 9c (9mm compact) with a Stealth Gear USA appendix IWB holster and a "soft" tactical belt. I found initially, it was pretty uncomfortable but I was super determined to become comfortable with it because of the advantages appendix carry can bring to the table, primarily concealability and the ability to protect it in a struggle.The stealth gear holster was my first holster and this is also my first gun. I did a lot of research when it came to my gun and it ended up coming down to size, capacity, and reliability, as well as how I felt shooting it at the range (as well as state compliance, those of you living in "free America" need not worry).One of the biggest "pro tips" I've found to make the whole thing a little less painful might be obvious to some, but make sure you wear an undershirt, tucked underneath your holster so it isn't pressing against bare skin. This actually makes a world of difference in relation to comfort.Also, I find when sitting (the most uncomfortable situation for appendix carry), with a soft belt and a holster with moveable clips, when I sit I can put my thumb on the pistol's grip and move it slightly to be more comfortable while sitting. I love my stealth gear holster for its flexibility and padded rear, I'm confident I made a great choice for my first holster and haven't felt a need for any other.As a point of reference, I'm about 5'7" and I've got some extra "love" around the mid section, but combining the things I listed above, I sometimes forget I'm even wearing it. Practice makes perfect, I've only been carrying a little over a month but I've carried nearly every single day and the more I get used to the way it feels, the more comfortable and manageable it becomes. I think it's worth noting that the 9c is a double stack (as opposed to the single stack Shield), but even as a chubby guy it's really not that bad. I cannot recommend stealth gear highly enough. The front is kydex and feels pretty durable, and the back is a padded mesh material that prevents it from making your gun feel like it's jabbing you in the gut and from getting too hot and sweaty.My position might drift a little depending on the tightness of my pants or the size of my concealing shirt, but I generally carry between my 10:30 and 11:30 position being left-handed (12:30 to 1:30 for you righties).Don't get me wrong, bending over will never be very pleasant, but if you do it right this method has a ton of benefits and comfort in other areas, not to mention peace of mind about printing or being able to maintain full control of your weapon in case of a struggle. Always make sure your holster fully covers your trigger guard as well and is firm enough that you can't accidentally squeeze the trigger while you're holstered. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ihzUZ7

No comments:

Post a Comment