Monday, December 18, 2017

Running away and then surprise tripping the chaser?

Today I saw a situation where an aggressive guy was very close to beating up a weaker guy (who seemingly but unintentionally annoyed him). That made me thinking a few things: He had previously mentioned to have martial arts experience and he looks like he is in pretty good running shape too. I've always though that if I were to get in that kind of situation I'd just run away. I'm lightweight and fast but don't really have good stamina, so for example if that guy wanted to beat me up he probably would be able to catch up pretty easily, and I wouldn't stand a chance in a fistfight either.

I understand that talking is important, but in that situation today the others in the group pretty much had to stop him. The other guy couldn't really say anything, he just has an unique way of talking that annoyed the aggressive guy. Also, I felt helpless because I couldn't really talk any sense to the aggressive guy because of the reasons above (no good way to defend against him in case of switching targets).

Guns are rare in my country so that isn't a problem.

So, I was thinking if there are any good techniques to for example trip a chaser, or any other surprising moves that would be advantageous when you are running away? I tried to search but all I found was some video game guides, lol. Most self defense guides are say either run or fight. But what about running and fighting, especially with a surprise element? When someone is chasing you, they'd have to grab you to catch you, which would be pretty risky and open for counter, right?



Submitted December 18, 2017 at 12:52PM by xdrvgy http://ift.tt/2kf5Tdu

No comments:

Post a Comment