Sunday, December 17, 2017

Reminder to inspect your carry ammo


Don't load carry mags half-hearted.A month ago ordered some Golden Saber 124 Plus P, and there was a clearly bad place primer as some might remember.Just now was going through a couple of my mixed ammo boxes, as modified an M&P 9c magazine for 14 rounds w mecgar plus 2 after some sanding and wanted to load it up to check. The MecGar plus 2 fits on a lot of mags but 9c can benefit from some sanding to be more flush and seat a little easier. Added some to PPQ and one to a Mod 2 mag. If made by MecGar and marketed for the PPQ Navy I am sure they are tops and have ran fine in my PPQ thus far. I do believe this is the smallest possible package out there for width and height now, and low weight to get to 15 rounds "In Gun". Believe 1.2" width is listed vs 2.0c 1.3" too. Baseplate difference mag height wise compared to 15 rounder I have which equals 2.0/G19 height wise but also feels nice to shoot with for anyone interested.Anyway, some of my SHTF ammo is 115 htp Plus P....very good performing ammo that used to be found cheap and word maybe getting out (most 115 gr. sucks). Anyway, one round the plating is literally all cracked and the tip of the HP is now off center, it cracked, crumbled, expose lead not even across the top. Maybe it would still function, but prob wouldn't be so accurate, and slightly potentially dangerous or don't want even slight damage to rifling threads idk as not a metallurgist.....not shooting that one. Another one was also questionable but will prob pop it off at range, along with a few other types of ammo, like an XTP whose primer sealant looks a little off to me so wouldn't carry it. The rest of them look very kind of rust pitted but I don't doubt they will work. But this is in comparison to like 8 different cartridges mixed in a couple different boxes kept in a pelican. None others really pitted/rust moisture type marks like that. Really only seen that on HSTs even when new and confirmed that with the owner of SGammo that those literally come that way a lot (I didn't get the hst's from him, got the golden saber that had the bad primer so we discussed some before I got Remington to send me a new box).I check some bullets even that just sit in boxes for setback, though me adding my acid from fingers prob. does damage. Anyway, just a reminder to always check before you load, and even expensive SD ammo can be bad. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2zjTKfy

No comments:

Post a Comment