Thursday, December 7, 2017

Question about HR 38 for those of us in states where it's hard to get a permit


Does HR 38 include the part that was included in some other forms of CC reciprocity bills where if you're in a restrictive-issue state, then you can get an out-of-state permit and then carry in your own state without also having a permit from your own state? I'm from Maryland and you either have to have a documented threat on your life, work for an armored van company, be endorsed by your boss to have a concealed carry permit for work, or own your own business to be able to get a permit here, none of which apply to me. And then even if you did qualify for that, you would need to get three references(as though it were for a job interview) and you would be interviewed by the state police to see if there's any reason they can disqualify you from having one. Another process I don't agree with.I was wondering if maybe there's some benefit to people like me from HR 38 where you can bypass your own states ridiculous concealed carry laws or if I'm still just going to keep sitting on the sidelines forever while everybody else is allowed to defend themselves.Unrelated: I deleted and resubmitted this trying to figure out how to use thread flair for either Legal or Permitting but I can't figure out how flair works on this sub and I don't know which category this technically falls under either. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ktN7SM

No comments:

Post a Comment