Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Just a thanks and a quick question...


First - this sub is great! When I first became interested in protecting myself and my family, I found this place to be the best source of information sans ego. Second, I am interested in what you all do when returning home after carrying. I am developing a routine for when I get my CCW. Right now, I have a wall mounted safe that requires going into the master bedroom, through the bathroom and into a walk-in closet. I don't want the kids to see me checking and storing at this point (they are 4 and 5).So my planned routine is:Enter house, hug kids, kiss wife, etc.Enter walk-in closet, close doorUnholsterSwap magazine, clear chamber of single round (I keep an extended mag loaded when at home)Punch in code to open safeDouble check that 1 is in the pipeClose safeGo back to kids and wifeI have friends who are much more "unroutined" - but this how my brain works. I have another weapon for home defense and found that my routine for locking the house up and night has helped me with muscle memory and accessing in the dark (late night, in bed, and remember to do checks).I'm not OCD - but am I the only one that does this?Keep up the great work! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2BePFMe

No comments:

Post a Comment