Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Anyone tried Underwood 124 gr. Plus P Plus Gold Dots?


The velocity/energy numbers I found here, esp. for a 5 " pistol is pretty crazy, and seems like gives good penetration. Unfortunately when tnoutdoors tested it, it was the old sim test stuff, but it did go to the same distance as the reg. speer Plus P in that medium. So, hopefully goes just as far as the reg. speer plus P in real ballistics gel. Can compare to their .357 sig round too, though I believe it is a different bullet design....is 9mm 5 petal and .357 6 or are they the same? Speer website says sectional density .141 vs .142 hmmm? 5" 9mm underwood is similar to 4" .357 sig underwood it seems, which is to say pretty amazing to what I can gather........!Anyway, anyone tried them and if so in what? how much recoil and how hot did they seem? How accurate? Anyone do any backyard ballistics testing in any mediums with them?I usually prefer 124 Plus P Golden Saber or HST for 3.5" or longer, but these definitely seem like a good option for 3.9" and definitely in a 5" barrel unless I see some data to suggest penetration isn't up to what normal speer plus P's go but what I can find seems to suggests it is a good penetrator.How reckless would I be if I tried them in some particular Euro guns that say specifically some Plus P is ok but plus p plus is not? I'm thinking it could handle some, not a steady diet, just enough to function test and carry..... Getting 1421 fps 556 ft lbs. out of Beretta barrel might be more like 1500 fps 619 ft. lbs in euro smaller bore poly barrel from what data I can find compared to 330-370 per usual puts it in a nice place way over typical 9mm yet in a heavy enough grain to penetrate, in .357 sig territory, without having to step up to .357 sig or 10mm.http://ift.tt/2yWtILP have primer problems or FTF with any Underwood ammo? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2BJG6o4

No comments:

Post a Comment