Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Are "tactical" flashlights (IN ADDITION TO common sense and pepper spray) effective for self defense?

I am not suggesting that anyone should rely solely on a very bright flashlight for their protection. I am ONLY asking if they can be effective as a LINE of defense. I already have self-training training and a canister of pepper spray; I'm looking for a line of defense that's more "long distance" so I won't have to use these more drastic methods.

Has anyone used a TC1200 flashlight before? At 1200 lumens, they're reported to be extremely disorienting to an attacker if flashed into the face, especially with the "strobe" effect.

Speaking as a small white girl who must occasionally cross the dark road/parking lot, would you recommend this as a line of defense? If I were to suspect someone is tailing me on said road, how could I use this most effectively? (E.g., when the potentially innocent person is farthest away to serve as a warning? When they are closer, to blind them more fully?) If you wouldn't recommend this, what long-distance safety methods WOULD you recommend?

Thank you for your opinions!

Edit: If I'm on a dark street, wouldn't it be a good idea to shine the flashlight in a nearby house window? If I were at home and a bright light suddenly shone into the house, I'd definitely poke my head outside to see WTF was going on...



Submitted December 05, 2017 at 05:41PM by jinsang-honeychild http://ift.tt/2BEy3oS

No comments:

Post a Comment