
Hey there CCW. I've been really trying to crack down on my handgun skills lately both by dry firing, range time, and outdoor range time as well (for drawing, moving etc.)While all this stuff is great, I can't always make it out to shoot as often as I would like, or maybe as often as I think I would need to to correct my problems.One of the problems I currently have is indicated by a target guide as "Jerking the trigger" (right hand shooter, low and left)I do so much dry firing it's insane, but I'm definitely noticing that it's like swinging a golf club. I can get a great swing, great rhythm and feel, but then I step up to the golf ball (equivalent to stepping up to the firing line) and it all just goes downhill, sort of like a mental block. Maybe it's too much thinking, that's what used to happen to me when I played golf. I had it all down just "feel-wise" with the club, and then I'd step up and think so hard that the "Feel" was all gone.So I'll be able to dry fire on point, pull a smooth consistent trigger, and all is well. Then I step up to the firing line and my first shot is great, and then every shot after that is some variation of low/left. At this point, I don't feel like dry firing is helping to mitigate the trigger jerking, or is possibly somehow making it worse if I am unaware of a bad practice that is going on in my grip, fingers, etc. when dry firing.Obviously there's a huge difference in a dry gun and a firearm in battery. What do you do/suggest for mitigating issues within your skill sets if you can't make it to the range as much as I think I would need to correct this issue? I still manage to go at least once a week with at least 50 rounds, and I still can't seem to mitigate the issue. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2qErFem
No comments:
Post a Comment