Sunday, May 21, 2017

Every time an innocent person is mugged/raped/killed we need to pressure the media through phone calls, social media, e-mails, and regular mail


The media has a habit of reporting on people that commit various acts of violence, especially when those acts were conducted with a firearm, but rarely mention defensive gun shootings in response to attacks by criminals.The media also refuses to acknowledge that there exists an alternative to being an unarmed victim.This is what I've started doing over the past year or so:Every time the local media reports on a violent attack against an innocent person, I contact them and ask why they don't mention our state has concealed carry for law abiding citizens. I also ask why they don't cover DGU, especially because DGU shootings by homeowners is relatively frequent.Every time an armed robbery occurs at some place of business, I make it a point to go there in person a week or two later to talk with the owner and all of the employees about concealed carry. I pass out fliers too showing all of the gun ranges in the area, gun shops, and basic concealed carry information. This has proven to be successful. A Subway restaurant I frequent was robbed at gunpoint a year ago. One of the main employees there, a woman in her 50s, asked me if I'd like to see something interesting. I said sure, and she pulled up her shirt and I could see she was carrying what looked to be an M&P Shield appendix carry. "I was terrified when he walked in with that gun. It is never going to happen again like that" she said.I suggest we all do these things and more. Any more ideas and general thoughts? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2rFqFp2

No comments:

Post a Comment