
Hi all,I've had my full carry CCW (in NY!) for a few years now and, prior to having a child, I used to carry regularly. I have a Bersa 380 and a SP101. I prefer to carry the SP101 because I like it better. It shoots where I aim it and that giant piece of steel just feels less janky than the Bersa. I digress.Since having a child, I feel super weird carrying around him. He's two, and I always carry on body in a IWB tuckable holster affixed to a Hank's CCW belt. Rationally I know the odds of him accessing my revolver are extremely low, but I can't shake how nervous I feel. There has been a marked reduction in carrying - as for some reason I actually feel less safe. We will be in the car and all I can think about is "there is a deadly weapon in this vehicle."The thought of him accessing my weapon just makes my stomach turn, so it just sits in the safe. But I know that if something happens and I could have kept him safe if I had only carried, I'll lose my damn mind.Any ideas? Is it just practice or should I think about a different holster?TL;DR Having a child has turned me into a giant pussy. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2rwVKLz
No comments:
Post a Comment