Saturday, October 8, 2016

Weapon Lights for Appendix Carry


I have the bug for getting a weapon light for my Glock 19 and possibly my Glock 43 (Streamlight TLR-6). I currently carry the Streamlight Stylus for my edc light. It's nice for normal tasks, but I do miss having a larger lumen light for self defense purposes. My wife and I live in a rural area, and I would really like to have something "serious" to use. It's a lot of money to drop on a light and holster, so I was interested in some opinions.I have narrowed it down to three lights I believe. The Inforce APL, The Surefire XC1, and the Surefire X300u. I know the x300u is huge, but I've seen several people carry it so I know it can be done.The one plus to me on the XC1 is the fact it takes AAA batteries. Most of the things I carry everyday that take batteries take AAAs so that would be convenient.The X300u is of course super rugged, has a ton of light, and fits many OWB holsters as well if I ever were to get together a battle belt in the future.The APL is cheaper than the other two, and it is in the middle size wise. I'm not sure how rugged or durable it is, but its price is certainly alluring.I mainly carry appendix in a T.Rex Arms Sidecar. I have worn a friend's Sidecar with an APL, and I found it actually was just as comfortable if not more so than my own. The 600 lumens is alluring, but the comfort and battery compatibility of the XC1 is also interesting. Anyone have any opinions/experience with these lights? Any input would be super appreciated and helpful! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2e3jdkE

No comments:

Post a Comment