Thursday, October 13, 2016

Sig P320 - Extractor Test? - 3 FTE's out of 1.5-2k cheap plinking rounds


P320c 9mm: I've had it for a few months, and also previously fired around 1k+ rounds with no issues. It's just recently with the last case of Blazer aluminum cased I've had an issue with 2 of them FTE out of maybe 500 roundsSo I just bought 2k rounds of aguila brass and had one failure to extract on the second mag today thinking maybe changing back to brass may solve it. I dropped the mag and the slide closed back on the casing. I had to re-rack the slide with force because the casing was stuck in the chamber. The casing got stuck in the chamber in a similar manner with one of the aluminum cased rounds too in a previous range sessionI fired another 150+ rounds at least today after the FTE. A mix of the aguila brass and blazer aluminum cased with 0 malfunctions after thatI really don't know what to think at this point. I put at least 100 rounds of Federal HST though it with no issues, and emptied my 21 round backup mag today at the end of my range session with no issues either. I really want to say it's just a few bad catches on cheap ammo, but it still bugs me just a littleIs there any way to perform any kind of extractor test to see if it's failing, or am I better off just sending back to Sig? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2eev0ch

No comments:

Post a Comment