Thursday, October 6, 2016

PSA: Cannon Speedvault VV-500


The TL;DR is that if you bought the subject bedside gun safe from Costco it may fail.I returned my Cannon Speedvault VV-500 bedside gun safe to Costco today. I bought it in Nov 2015 after starting to carry. It has electronic push buttons (with key back-up) and after about six months it failed to open due to low battery. Each new 9V battery I installed only lasted a month or less so I decided to get it replaced before the warrantee expired.I first called the Cannon service # as suggested in the manual thinking I might have the odd bad unit which they would replace but the rep on the phone said it was "known problem", they couldn't replace it under warranty and I should just return it to Costco, which I did. Makes me glad I bought it there.As luck would have it Costco was selling another small gun safe, a SentrySafe made by Master Lock which has key, coded buttons and a fingerprint sensor. Hopefully it will be more reliable. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2d75Ygi

No comments:

Post a Comment