Friday, October 14, 2016

Need advise on a Shoulder holster setup!!!


Hey all!I'll keep this to the point. I'm a paraplegic, use a manual wheelchair full time, and CCWing has always been difficult. One would think the reverse as I do indeed have a lot of places to conceal a firearm just on my chair alone.But I am a very active guy and am not necessarily stuck in my chair all day. I'll jump into a desk chair at work just as fast as I will my couch at home.Because of that, and for other obvious reasons I know you will all agree with (if you're going to carry, never leave your firearm unattended), I need to carry on my person. Winter, an ankle holster is certainly fine, but summer time in the South East is brutal and shorts are a must. So that's out. IWB is also out. Because of points in my chair and the fact that I sit most of the day, IWB isn't practical and I would worry about the potential for pressure sores. So, for both winter and summer I thought Shoulder Holster is the way to go.I need advice or a recommendation for custom work. I'd like a holster that does not require it to be clipped to my waist, and is also small. I CCW a P238 and would like space for it and a spare magazine. Tiny gun to begin with I know, I can keep it in a button up shirt front pocket almost and a vest or jacket over and you can't see it. I used to carrying a M&P Shield chambered in 9mm, but for me and my situation the P238 size is too awesome to pass up(and I've done enough homework to know that a 380 can hit just as hard as a 9, IF the right ammo is used).I've got my eyes on the Galco Classic Lite, but I'd like to go smaller as I feel like I can with the P238. Really, I'd like a something like kydex for the gun and magazine, and webbing (nylon, poly, something like that) for the harness. While leather would be more comfortable, during the summer it would be miserable.Any suggestions or recommendations for customer fabricators? Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dQUblZ

No comments:

Post a Comment