Thursday, October 13, 2016

My first CCW police encounter inside my parents home. Longish.


First I have to say it was a very good and unexpected encounter, the officers were thrilled I told them and no one got hurt. I go to school out in Pennsylvania and travel back to Ohio for my family every chance I get. This past weekend on my way home I noticed three police cruisers at the end of my street, this set off my Spidey sense's as it is a nicer neighborhood and rarely have police in it. The weekend plan was to go to the range with my brothers and dad, so when I parked my car I retrieved my over night bag and two rifle cases from my trunk with the addition to my hand gun under my shirt. I walked through the front door and started to ask my mom who I thought was in the kitchen if she knows about the cruisers at the end of the street but before I could finish I rounded the hallway and was met with the three officers my youngest brother (16) and my parents. Really put me off so I slowly placed the bags on the floor and asked what's going on. Short story, my youngest got caught stealing cash and credit cards out of two separate cars, we have had trouble with him in the past but nothing this big. The officers and my parents looked very upset to have to deal with this but the one kept looking at my bags. Ohio is a must notify state but I didn't really know what to do in this situation so I asked him if I could talk to him. We went back into the hallway so they could continue the investigation, I kept my hands visible and used slowed movements and explained that I had no idea what to do but wanted to tell him before something goofy happened. Explained what was in the bags and told him I was carrying a weapon on me with my permit in my back pocket, he looked really happy I guess that I told him, thanked me for being honest and asked to see the permit since I mentioned it. I told him I would have left everything in the car if I knew they were there and asked if I should stow it, he told me it was up to me if I wanted to so I went back out to the car and dis armed myself (I don't know if this was the best idea but I really felt weird with it when they were there). We ended up driving out to a park to find the stolen goods and I ended up having to jump down a man hole to find a wallet so I was kinda happy I took it off. Needless to say it was an eventful night that ended well for me and the police, he even thanked me again before they left. Funny part is that one of the guys he robbed was a CCW as well, found out when I was in the sewer gathering up his belongings. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dna2ch

No comments:

Post a Comment