Saturday, October 1, 2016

Looking to up my belt game.


I'm still in my Wal-Mart belt phase, but I'm looking to get a quality gun belt. I want something close to BIFL and have been leaning towards nylon and webbing belts. My main issue is that I've lost 100 lbs but still have 40or so to go.I'm wearing 34" pants rather snug with my shield in a crossbreed minituck. I wear my pants under my gut so I don't think my waist will get much smaller, but I'm guessing i need a 32"-36" range. I would also like something that could easily hold something bigger down the road.I've been looking at several belts and they all look great. I want something that is easily adjustable since my weight fluctuates often. I work in a casual office environment, but still tuck in a t shirt over my gun and throw an unbuttoned shirt over it. It would be nice to have something that doesn't scream gun belt. I would leave the t shirt untucked, but i use an otter box and clip it on my belt as well.My top pick would be the Ares Aegis. However, it costs more than i would like. It does seem like a great belt though. Not sure if i would need a reinforced model or not.Then there are the wilderness and 511 trainer belts. They are cheaper, but the buckles might be obvious to some, plus the velcro might not be in the proper position as i lose weight.The final belt I have been considering is the Kore Essentials gun belt. While it is leather, the track system seems like it would be great for fluctuating weight sizes. It comes long and you have to cut it to size, which will be nice as I lose weight. It doesn't look like a gun belt, but I am worried it might wear out after a while. It is also considered a medium duty belt (3lbs or so), so it might have issues with larger guns... Although i doubt it would matter IWB. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2du6N3D

No comments:

Post a Comment