Saturday, October 8, 2016

Duty to Inform question


Today I had an interaction with a LEO. I went to a thrift sale put on by a local Ohio charity and while I was waiting for my merchandise I started a conversation with a friendly officer. Half way through it hit me that I was armed and interacting with an on-site LEO,but it wasn't anything official. I didn't follow through on my duty to inform because I was under no obligation to talk to him, but was I obligated to inform him? I'm aware that anytime you say hello to an officer on the street you don't have to follow it up with "and I'm legally armed by the way", but if you're having a 10min conversation should you clue him in? Not looking for legal advice on reddit, just opinions on what you'd do. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2d2cv8Z

No comments:

Post a Comment