Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Car Gun Storage Tip


I've been carrying for four years and have only been pulled over by the police twice. This last time made me realize I didn't think my car storage all the way through. Hopefully, this situation will help new carriers avoid a potentially difficult situation.A little background about me...I typically carry a compact size gun on my 5:00 and a BUG in my pocket.The first time I was pulled over, I had both guns on my person. The cop was more than pleasant to deal with. We chatted about our SIGs, and he let me off without a ticket.The most recent time I was pulled over, I had removed my compact size gun earlier in the day and locked it in my glove box because I couldn't conceal it under my work clothes. When I was pulled over, I had an "oh crap" moment when I realized my paperwork was also in there.Being in Ohio, I informed the officer and showed him my license. I apologized and explained the situation about the glove box. I offered to let him retrieve my registration and proof of insurance. The officer was clearly on edge, and even rested his hand on his sidearm. After a few minutes of chatting, he relaxed and told me he didn't need to see my info and told me not to open the glove box. He went back to his car, ran my info, and let me off with a warning.TL,DR if you have to disarm, don't store your gun in the same place as your license and registration. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2e32KNN

No comments:

Post a Comment