Monday, October 10, 2016

Advice for a new CCW carrier welcome


Hello all, I am a long time reader, don't really post much but I could definitely use some advice.I own a Sig P250 subcompact 9mm. It's called a subcompact but it is a pretty decent sized gun. I have my cwp coming in the mail soon and am looking into my options and figured I'd get some opinions.I am 6 foot and weight 155, pretty tall and lanky. I live in Florida so we don't have jackets and heavy clothes in our wardrobe.Do you think it's worth investing in a holster for the P250 and attempt to learn carrying a concealed weapon for the first time with a bigger gun. Or is it worth considering finding a relatively cheap and smaller sized gun that will be easier to conceal for someone with my body type and limited clothing options of the high Florida heat.My wife wants us to own a smaller pistol so I have considered buying one for her to have at home, and just use that one to carry when we go out. I have always had the MP shield on my radar and that is probably at the top of my list.Money is tight though, and I don't want to have to buy a new pistol and a holster for it if I can get away with carrying the sig without much trouble.I suppose my true question is, are there any other skinny people who carry a larger gun? What are your suggestions on the type of holster?Anyone ever carry a Sig P250 themselves? Any recommendations on a specific holster and belt for that?Open to all opinions and suggestions. I understand that everyone has an opinion and I will have to most likely learn my own preferences. But I figured I'd at least get some insight as opposed to starting out blind.Any other friendly advice, feedback, or suggestions welcome.Thanks all. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2e0Uwka

No comments:

Post a Comment