Thursday, July 7, 2016

Pulled over with firearm, no license to carry.


I don't have a CHL. I can't get one, I'm 19.I was freaking out the second I saw the lights. I'm armed and have no license. Will I be handcuffed and have my firearm taken away? Will I ever see my pistol again? Will they damage it, if I do get it back?"Your brake light is out. Get it fixed whenever you can and you'll be on your way. Could I see your license please?" "Of course. For your safety and mine, I have a loaded firearm in my glovebox."No hesitation or nervousness. She politely asked if I could sit tight until a second officer could show up, as it is required by their department.I did, and she ran my license while the second officer secured my firearm. He took it from my glove box, racked the slide open and left it on top of my trunk. It made me cringe to watch my firearm bake in the 100 degree weather, and in front of everybody in public, but I wasn't one to say anything at this point. The second officer made small talk while the original officer came back with my license. I was instructed to open my trunk, and they informed me that they would put my firearm in my trunk, and that I was free to replace it back into my glove box after they had left.I carry two different copies of the Florida statutes that grant me the right to carry in my vehicle, without a CHL, in case anything like this would ever happen. And I am amazed that both the police officers knew and perfectly understood the law without me having to explain it to them. They both acted very professional and focused. Thank you Florida, and thank you police!Anyways, I always enjoy reading these stories so I thought I might share my first encounter with you guys. Stay safe via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29l4Wsh

No comments:

Post a Comment