Sunday, June 19, 2016

Small Female + Glock 19: Print Reduction Techniques and Holster Recs?


Hello, /r/ccw ! /u/ndog14 saw my post over in the Glocks subreddit and suggested I come here for some advice! Sorry if you see it twice.I have just purchased my first gun ever--a Glock 19 Gen 4, which I intend to use as my CCW. I'm about 5'6" and 115lbs soaking wet, so my new darling is extremely obvious on me (at least to me) unless I'm wearing very flowy shirts, which tend to get caught on it a bit.I am currently using a Bladetech Nano IWB holster that I wear at about 4:00, which is very comfortable! But I'm wondering if there isn't a holster I can wear IWB that will print less. Any gun belt and other holster recommendations are welcomed as well--since I've only just started yesterday, I'd love some advice on other methods of on-body carry you think might reduce printing with a pistol of this size. I don't see how I could thigh or ankle carry something at this weight, but I could be wrong.My state allows non-permitted concealed and open carry, but I am planning on classes starting in July because I travel a lot between states. I'm currently carrying it unloaded to get used to the feel of it and generally get in the habit of taking it with me everywhere, which is my plan until I start taking classes and get some range time in. I figure this is the perfect time to work out my carry positions and holsters, and practice my draw/dry fire.Any help is appreciated! Thank you!I should also say that I don't expect flawless, no-print carry with my 19. I am always in a jacket, since I freeze in a heat wave, but I just don't want it to be as obvious as...well, I think it is. I realize it isn't that bad, it's just noob nerves, but I'm determined to do it right.As a note, I've seen the faliaphotography video on methods, but I didn't think anything she was carrying was quite as long. The female-friendly holsters in the sidebar seem interesting, but are there holsters of similar style that have something besides cloth over the trigger guard? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/21uhKkP

No comments:

Post a Comment