Thursday, June 23, 2016

New to CCW. Holster questions


I'm new to this sub and CCW so if this had been asked 1,000 times, I apologize, I haven't seen it yet.I'm looking at holster options. I know I want IWB, but the most comfortable position for me (in my mind) seems like it's going to be around 4 to 5 o'clock, for a right hand draw. But when ever I see people wearing their holster there, it's with a right handed IWB holster, and the angle of the gun requires you to rotate your arm and reach in what I would view as a un unnatural motion. The grip is facing to the left (if you're looking at someone's back) and one would grab it with the palm facing there back. In my mind, it would be a much more natural motion, to get a left handed IWB, place it at 4:30, with the grip facing to the right when viewing someone from the back, and grab the gun by slipping my hand between the gun and my back, with my palm facing outward. The obvious downside being that as you draw, you have to rotate it while bringing it up. But I still feel like that would be quicker than the awkward motion of wrenching your back and shoulders around to get a grip on the gun.Does anybody carry like this? Am I missing something major downsides? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/28UMHNR

No comments:

Post a Comment