Recently I went on a trip to Las Vegas to check out a convention and see the sights. In my time down there I walked the strip, entered various properties with signs stating "no weapons"and whatnot, though there weren't many signs in vegas. I went to a couple swimming pools / day clubs, and even the Hoover Dam. With the exception of the hoover dam, I went everywhere with my Glock 23 in a blade tech holster worn at 4 o clock.Now before I go any further, I will mention that signs do not carry the wight of law in Nevada. Also, I didn't carry at the hoover dam (metal detectors). No laws were broken.Anyways...the day club I went to had security guards patting people down and confiscating anything prohibited, which was obviously weapons or anything similar to the Glock 23 I had tucked inside my waistband. I walked up to the security guards without hesitation, just like you normally would, and showed them my ticket to enter. They said they needed to pat me down, I said "go right ahead" fully aware of the pistol on my hip. As they checked my pockets, I somewhat considered what I might say if they found my gun. The guard found my keys and questioned if they were car keys. I told him they were and he said "alright, you're good to go" I walked past him casually trying not to let him see the dumbfounded look on my face.A "trained" security guard, hired to maintain my safety, had physically put hands on my person to search for weapons and he managed to miss a fairly bulky pistol on my right hip. I'm not mad that he missed MY gun. If anything, I felt better having it on me knowing he missed it. Im mad that he could have missed a gun on someone determined to do harm. If I managed to get a gun through so easily, anyone else could have.I was wearing shorts and a button down t-shirt for fucks sake. It wasn't even deep concealed.However, he did manage to confiscate the pepper spray my 100lb 5,3" female companion had in her purse. Which pissed me off even more.Point being, carry everywhere you legally can. You cant trust others to maintain your safety. Any person that claims that they can keep guns out of "gun free" zones is full of shit. "No gun" signs don't do a thing, and apparently neither do trained security guards with tactical belts and flashy florescent shirts. Unless your a small female with less than lethal means of defending herself.Stay safe everyone.TLDR: Was physically pat down, security guard missed my glock but managed to confiscate my female friend's pepper spray.Edit words and TLDR via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/1Uzz1IQ
No comments:
Post a Comment