Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Lawmen and businesses


I used to OC a lot, but lately (after The Dark Knight shooting, and other mass shootings, and as I write this, it's only been about a week since Orlando), officers have been giving me the stink eye more (they always did, they prefer to feel special in their ability to OC), and more and more businesses are putting the no weapons sign in the window. I'm in Louisiana, btw. Make no mistake, this is not for your safety (the bad guys have their heat tucked in their waste band with no holster here in New Orleans); but all about corporate policy written to cover their asses politically; coming down from corporate headquarters. And until recently, those signs meant shit. All they could do was ask you to leave, but now the law is written so they can have you arrested for trespassing. The same as if I verbally ask you to leave my house for having a weapon or any other reason, and you refusing. After the election, Louisiana will probably go back to normal common sense; it wouldn't even surprise me if they re-introduce the universal concealed carry bill. Until then, though, be careful. Right now I would advise getting your CCP and learning some true concealabilty techniques and fashion. Safer legally. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/28LMbAN

No comments:

Post a Comment