Saturday, June 18, 2016

How often are you firing your carry gun, and how often are you cleaning/oiling it?


I will first let you all know that I am pretty new to guns in general, and very new to caring about my own gun. My family was never really into them so here I am 26 years old and learning what I can right now.I have a Ruger LCP that I have taken to the gun range a couple of times and fired about 400 rounds total. I have taken it down twice to clean, but really it was just two take downs and wiping it around with Q tips and then applying oil where I thought it should go. I am sure I need some better exposure to what makes it a real cleaning.I don't carry full time since my work doesn't allow it but if I go somewhere with my wife in the evening I definitely have it on me. Currently I am not leaving it in my car during these hot Alabama days so it sits at home until I decide to wear it.How often should I be concerned with taking it down and cleaning it or oiling it to prevent issues? I have taken it to the range every couple of weeks and plan to continue for some time. I know it's not an expensive gun but I would like to learn best practices now because I am the kind of person who upgrades with experience and exposure. Thanks for your time. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/1Y1VuBb

No comments:

Post a Comment