Hey guys, so just want to share a little bit of my experience as I've been carrying for the past 3 months, and then maybe you all can give me some advice / opinions. I bought my G43 as my first gun with the focus being a CCW role back in the beginning of March. My thought process on buying the G43 was that I wanted the smallest single stack 9 I could find, that had customization options and would be dead reliable. It has delivered on all of those fronts. I have a pearce +1 on 1 mag and the magguts spring in the other, so its just about the smallest 7+1 9mm handgun around. However, the more I carry it, the less I'm concerned about printing - this gun does not print at ALL for me IWB around 8:30 (lefty) with my body type. Ease of concealment and light weight were 2 of my primary concerns when I bought the gun. Now that I've seen how easy it is to not print (using a Desantis slim-tuk kydex single clip holster), I feel I could have concealed a slightly taller gun just as easily. I've been shooting it quite a lot over the past few months - I've put about 1200 rounds through it. While I am reasonably accurate with it, I find my accuracy can be hit or miss - some days I'll seem to shoot everything a bit to the right, other days I'll shoot everything a bit low, and after today's range trip more than ever, I feel that it's probably due to the very small size. Don't get me wrong, I did have several good groups, but it isn't consistent across the whole range trip. When I really shoot slowly, I can keep a solid group, but when I practice mag dumping the flush magazine, my shots pull upward and get erratic as there isn't a whole lot to grip (I have large hands). This was much less pronounced with the pearce +1 mag.So now, as I'm sure you all know here, there are about a billion options on the market for 9mm carry guns, and I'm starting to think I might be better off with something a little bigger... been eyeing the XDS 4.0... I think the longer sight radius and increased ballistic advantage from the longer barrel, while still being thin and easily concealable and having a slightly longer grip might make it even easier to shoot than the 3.3 I remember shooting... The only problem is that its SO HEAVY compared to the 43... the 5.11 Trainer belt I just bought for the 43 would be returned in favor of a reinforced belt if I went that route.I'm a little wary of going all the way up to a double stack. I've shot the G26 before and I like it, but with the way I'm starting to feel about the 43's short height, I think I'd want to carry it with an extension, and I seem to print pretty noticeably / the gun feels very large when I put on my friend's G26 and holster... a single stack definitely fits my body type well...I'm not really sure what I'm asking I suppose haha, is it worth trying to switch it up to a shield or an XDS 4.0 or something with a slightly larger grip? I guess I could just carry the G43 with the Pearce +1 but the gun is so tiny otherwise that I feel it somewhat defeats the design purpose. I still feel that a double stack is quite a lot larger, despite how much better I know I'll shoot it... I don't want to buy something too large or heavy and then not end up carrying it, as I literally throw my G43 on my belt every single time I leave my apartment - should I just be satisfied with this and keep practicing? Or should I be trying to find something I group with better, and am more able to rapidly fire accurately? Another plus of going a little bigger, is that the inherent easier shootability and potential accessory rail on a different gun would make it more ideal as an all purpose (i.e. home defense) weapon... Do any of you G43 or former G43 owners have any input based on your experience carrying / shooting the G43 compared to others? Thanks in advance for the advice! This sub never disappoints haha via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/1WPIGgg
No comments:
Post a Comment