Saturday, May 28, 2016

Wondering what Wyoming's laws are about keeping a loaded pistol in a car. I'm traveling there but my MN CCW permit isn't recognized by Wyoming.


I was looking for an answer on an official Wyoming website but wasn't able to find it – even while searching their statutes. I prefer to have it loaded and in a locked case in my car or have it loaded and in my glove compartment considering I can't carry concealed. Would like to know if either are legal.handgunlaw.us (wy) says:RV/Car Carry Without a Permit/LicenseNon Residents of Wyoming must have a Valid Permit License to Carry that Wyoming honors to carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle. Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry a loaded handgun anywhere inside a vehicle as long as it is not concealed on your person and is visible. Wyoming law only covers the concealed carry of a defensive firearm in a vehicle. Wyoming Residents who can legally own a firearm can carry it concealed on their person in a vehicle without any type of permit/license. Wyoming Residents who can legally own a firearm can carry it concealed on their person anywhere that someone who has been issued a permit/license to carry in Wyoming can carry. This is the Permitless Carry Law passed recently but this law only applies to residents of Wyoming. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/1RAUKKl

No comments:

Post a Comment